When cleaning your home there are many different tools and supplies that are available for you to use. You want to make sure that you are using the best and most effective tools and supplies to ensure that your home is as clean as possible. Using essential home cleaning supplies in each room can help deep clean as well as keep surfaces cleaner longer.
The right tools can help you clean without using too much effort and time or damaging your surfaces. Also, while using the right supplies, you can extend the life of your furniture and flooring. Keep reading to learn the best cleaning tools and supplies to use when cleaning your home.
Cleaning Supplies for the Kitchen
The kitchen is a room that requires many different supplies and tools due to the variety of surfaces and types of flooring. You also want to make sure that you are being careful with any chemical supplies used because you don’t want to contaminate any food.
1. Clean surfaces with white cotton towels. These are relatively cheap, and they can be easily bleached. White towels also provide a visible cue that your towel needs to be washed.
2. A sponge with a scrubber side allows you to be gentle when needed or use the more abrasive side for stuck on gunk and grime.
3. Microfiber cloths allow for a streak-free clean and are gentle on glass surfaces.
4. A plain spray bottle allows you to mix your own cleaning solutions if you don’t want to use harsh chemicals.
5. A degreaser spray allows you to cut through tough baked-on grease.
6. A broom and dustpan is needed to sweep before you mop so you aren’t spreading dirt around the room.
The bathroom is the next room that needs a lot of attention when it comes to cleaning. There are many porous surfaces, and it is important to make sure that they get clean in all the right places. These bathroom surfaces carry not only dirt and grime but also germs. Using different tools and supplies, you can make sure that your family’s health is protected.
7. A cleaning bucket helps you carry your cleaning supplies, and you can also use it for mopping.
8. A scrub brush gives you more power when scrubbing stains or tile flooring.
9. A toothbrush helps you scrub any grout that is stained or dirty.
10. A toilet brush wand comes with preloaded cleaning sponges and a holder, so you do not have to buy extra toilet bowl cleaner.
11. The Pink Stuff cleaning paste is gentle enough to use on glass but also tough on rust stains.
12. A microfiber mop, great for cleaning floors and surfaces from grease. Mix with cleaning solution and warm water
The bedroom can often be a place where we spend most of our time, which means it can be one of the dirtiest rooms in our house. If there is carpet in the bedroom, this can be an area for allergens, pet dander, and hair. You want to make sure to clean these up in order to protect your respiratory health.
13. A vacuum with tools allows you to clean the carpet and also get in all the nooks and crevices where dust can build up.
14. Baking soda is great for dusting the carpet with before vacuuming to help trap and destroy odors.
15. A microfiber hand duster allows you to dust bedroom surfaces, including dressers, fan blades, and any other flat surfaces while not causing scratches to them.
16. Carpet cleaning foam allows you to tackle tough stains and then simply vacuum the leftover foam away.
17. Disinfectant wipes are essential for quick cleaning of high touch surfaces and dust from countertops
Get professional house cleaning tools and supplies on demand!
You can use this as a guide to understand the essential tools and supplies you should keep on hand to clean your home. However, you can save time, money, and effort by hiring a professional house cleaning service. You won’t have to worry about stocking up on supplies or choosing the right supplies for your home.
With Hellamaid, our professional cleaners bring their own quality cleaning supplies to each job. You can also schedule cleaning services around your schedule and online at your convenience. Hellamaid is proud to provide professional housekeeping services in Southern Ontario!