1. Organize your cleaning armoryKeep everything you need to clean your home ready to go in one cleaning bucket (or box). You won’t waste time gathering your necessities to start or continue — just bring it with you from room to room. If your home is large, consider creating two or more: one for each level. Store your sweet collection somewhere safe where pets or children won’t access.
2. Ditch the broom, just use a vacuumNo need to walk around your home dragging dust pan and a dusty old broom – use a vacuum for all surfaces instead! This will save you time and will also get rid of any flying dust particles from excessive brooming (which could cause sickness if inhaled).
3. Give your vacuum unlimited accessIt might be worth investing in 20-50ft long extension cord for your cleaning appliances. Plug-in once and you’ll be able to to cover a LARGER area of your home at a much shorter time (bonus points if you can run while vacuuming).
4. Don’t sweat the small stuffThat fragile collection of brass animal displays can skip a cleaning every now and then. Instead, focus on the BIG picture and leave the small stuff to your monthly cleans. Unless you have a nosy antique enthusiast visiting your home soon, those small things shouldn’t be your priority.
5. Develop a cleaning ritualAt Hellamaid we learned that practice makes perfect, and with practice cleaning just becomes second nature. Consider develop a cleaning pattern to consistently cut time off your cleaning routine. Professionals recommend that you start each room to the left of the doorway, at the top, and moving clockwise and down around the room. Once you get the hang of your routine, cleaning will become autopilot and you’ll never waste time backtracking your cleaning.
This post was brought to you by Hellamaid, a top-rated house cleaning service dedicated to the people of Guelph.
Hellamaid has been a committed partner to the Guelph residential and construction sector and continues to provide exceptional cleaning services to clients. Reserve an appointment & book your cleaning online today! Contact us here if you have any questions.